September 17, 2012

Day 138. Thankful for the Feast


Today is my prep day for tomorrow’s colonoscopy.  For all who have had one, the day before is much more difficult than the day of, as you sleep through the test.  Today’s diet consists of hot tea, broth, jello, water, and the prep meds with a gallon drink.  To start the day off even better, I woke up with a headache!  Joy of joys!!

In trying to have a better attitude about the whole thing, I turned to the Good Book.  The Bread of Life.  God invites us to Feast on His Word.  He doesn’t want us to be babies only taking the milk, but rather eating the meat of what He has to teach us. 

Psalm 119:103  “How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!”

Jeremiah 15:16  “When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, Lord God Almighty.”

Psalm 19:8-11
“The precepts of the Lord are right,
   giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant,
   giving light to the eyes.
The fear of the Lord is pure,
   enduring forever.
The decrees of the Lord are firm,
   and all of them are righteous.
They are more precious than gold,
   than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
   than honey from the honeycomb.
By them your servant is warned;
   in keeping them there is great reward.

I could keep going.  There are so many references.  “You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.  You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.”  Psalm 23:5 

My cup does overflow!  And I am truly thankful. 

Now, back to my tea.


1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I just came across your blog. I too was diagnosed with CLL last September and am also a healthy active 52 year old woman (too young for this, yes?)

    I have read many of you entries and truly wish you the best on your journey. Keep on posting your lovely thoughts and careful descriptions of treatment. Not there yet, but always good to hear other experiences/treatments

    I have been extraordinarily lucky in that mine so far has been on the extreme slow track (I have been taking absurd amounts of supplements ie: green tea, tumeric, resveratrol and others which have kept my numbers below stage 0. 365 days so far!

    Hang in there and good luck in your journey and keep on writing

    ReplyDelete