June 2, 2015

Pray Hard. Sleep Well.

A couple Sundays ago, Pastor Dean spoke from Acts 12 about the story of Peter when he was in prison. The church was praying earnestly that God would deliver him. All the while, Peter was snoozing away between the guards. While God’s people were still in prayer, an angel appeared to Peter, led him safely out of captivity to the very house where the prayer meeting was being held. The people were so shocked that they almost didn’t let him in! ☺ Peter must have believed a little more than the prayer warriors did!

During these last almost four years, our family, friends, the body of Christ, have prayed for me, for both of us. They have prayed for healing, for strength, for peace. While we are still walking this walk, and it seems that we will be for some time, God has more than answered these prayers! And He continues. He has given me time. He has given us peace.

He has also given me and Paul the opportunity to share our journey, our experiences, our hearts through conversations at MDA, on my blog, and in the lives of dear ones walking the same walk. How God blesses even during challenges!

“But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head. To the Lord I cry aloud, and he answers me from his holy hill. I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me. I will not fear….”
Psalm 3:3-6a

“I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord,
make me dwell in safety.”
Psalm 4:8


From “Jesus Calling”…
“I am with you, watching over you constantly…. Nothing, including the brightest blessing and the darkest trials, can separate you from Me. Go through each day looking for what I have prepared for you. Accept every event as My hand-tailored provision for your needs. When you view your life this way, the most reasonable response is to be thankful.”

“So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him,
rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught
and overflowing with thankfulness.”
Colossians 2:6-7


“The peace that I give you transcends your intellect. When most of your mental energy goes into efforts to figure things out, you are unable to receive this glorious gift. I look into your mind and see thoughts spinning round and round; going nowhere, accomplishing nothing. All the while, My peace hovers over you, searching for a place to land.

Be still in My presence, inviting Me to control your thoughts. Let My light soak into your mind and heart, until you are aglow with My very being. This is the most effective way to receive My peace.”

“Now may the Lord of peace give you peace at all times and in every way.
The Lord be with all of you.”
2 Thessalonians 3:16

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phillippians 4:6-7


“Relax in My healing, holy presence. Let go of cares and worries….”

“Be still, and know that I am God.”
Psalm 46:10



Pray hard. Sleep well.


No comments:

Post a Comment