June 5, 2018

We Have a Plan!

My team called yesterday to go over the schedule for my upcoming trial. Things usually pivot from the day they do the cell collection, so that’s where we started. I had a conflict with the first option, so we went with the second…which will be on my brother’s and one of my dear friend’s birthdays, June 19. Before collection can happen, all the pre-tests have to be run. So some of those will start this Friday, June 8, as I was already scheduled to see Dr. H anyway. The remaining tests and the signing of consents will be done the following Friday on the 15th. On Monday, June 18, I will once again receive either a CVC or a PICC line. They haven’t made that final determination. But having done this a few times, I imagine it will be a PICC line. I have only had to have a CVC (the one in my chest instead of in my arm) when I had my transplant.

After the apheresis (extraction of my blood for the removal of particular cells and the returning of the remainder to circulation), it will take 4-6 weeks for the cells to be reengineered and be ready to be returned to me via the trial (CAR T-Cell, Phase 2). That will put my inpatient portion of this shindig approximately early August. I will be in six days to receive pre-treat chemo and prepare for the infusion. These are considered Days -6, -5, -4…. The infusion with be on Day 0. Then I’ll be there for probably another week or so afterwards for monitoring. If everything goes ok, I should be able to go home after that and just come back for my frequent check ups…weekly, bi-weekly, then monthly.

So, we are thankful to have a plan in place. This is very similar to what we did in 2015, but the trial has been revamped…prayerfully with better results. And that is where you come in. Please pray with us for limited side effects and maximum results. The possibilities are endless both ways. But as always, I am in the Hands of my Almighty Father, the Great Physician, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. What could possibly go wrong?! ☺


No comments:

Post a Comment