September 4, 2018

I’m the Happiest Girl in the Whole USA

“Shine on me sunshine
Walk with me world, it's a skippidy doo da day
I'm the happiest girl in the whole U.S.A.
Good morning, mornin', hello sunshine
Wake up, sleepy head
Why'd you move that bojangle clock
So far away from the bed?
Just one more minute that's why we moved it
One more hug or two
Do you love wakin' up next to me
As much as I love wakin' up next to you?
You make the coffee, I'll make the bed
I'll fix your lunch, and you'll fix mine!
Now tell me the truth do these old shoes look funny?
Honey, it's almost nine
Now you be careful, got to go
"I love you, have a beautiful day!"
And kiss the happiest girl in the whole U.S.A.
Skippidy doo da thank you Lord for makin' him for me
And thank you for letting life turn out the way
That I always thought it could be
There once was a time, that I could not imagine
How it would feel to say
I'm the happiest girl in the whole U.S.A.
Now shine on me sunshine
Walk with me world, it's a skippidy doo da day
I'm the happiest girl in the whole U.S.A.”

…Donna Fargo



Besides my favorite hymns, I cannot get this song out of my head. It might seem unusual given my current circumstances, but I just keep getting happier and happier. I am reminded of a sweet man from our church that passed away a few years ago from cancer. A few months before he went home to be with the Lord, he woke up one morning exclaiming that JOY had descended upon him! And he experienced and exuded complete joy and happiness for the rest of his days. He was a total delight. Of course, he always was…but God gave him an extra measure.

That is how I feel. Every experience is wonderful. From my morning cup of coffee to the mid-night cuddle with my sweetheart when I can’t sleep. The upset nerve endings on my scalp are a bit much, but other than that everything is coming up roses!

When I posted that I was unable to drive for the time being, several friends lovingly offered up their services. I am humbled and grateful. Needs are being met one by one. God is good…all the time. One just has to ask, and sometimes look for it.

I am so incredibly thankful for the relationship I have with my husband and with our kids. It has not always been easy, but I can say with all assurance that it is worth it. I am thankful for where we are, how far we’ve come, and who we are becoming as a family.

We sorted through tons of paperwork this weekend looking for certain things, tossing and filing others. It was very cleansing. In the process, we found the research paperwork from when I was first diagnosed. That was not something we could throw away. It held too much history for us. But as we read through many of our highlighted excerpts, we realized again that I am a miraculous anomaly. Only God could have gotten me this far. And yet we continue to ask expectantly, thankfully, for more years, more time, more joy.

But no matter what the outcome, today is beautiful. My life is full. My family and friends are amazing. And I am the happiest girl in the whole USA.



1 comment:

  1. This is sooooo uplifting, Tamara! May God continue to bless you and yours abundantly! -Glay

    ReplyDelete