February 22, 2016

Our Journey, and So It Continues

When I first began my blog and chose the name “Our Journey,” we were at the beginning of a very new place in our lives. I had just been diagnosed with an ornery type of leukemia and we had many decisions and changes before us.

Four and a half years have passed since that fateful day. Much has happened in my health, in our lives, and in the lives of those around us. I still have cancer, but it’s manageable. What I have been thinking about, and what I would like to continue to write about, is the journey that we continue on. Not only us…but all of us. Because we are ALL on a journey. God gives us today! If He showed us a video clip of the next months and years of our lives, we would probably be paralyzed by the fear of moving forward. But He gives us strength for the day and hope for tomorrow. How He knows what is best for us!

Please continue to walk with me as I journey this life as a wife, mom, grandmother, cancer survivor, Christian, mentor, friend, and cheerleader for my husband’s and kids’ endeavors. There’s a lot to cover. I am praying that God continues to grant that precious commodity...time.



Great Is Thy Faithfulness
Thomas Chisholm – 1925

Great Is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father!
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Though changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

Great Is Thy faithfulness,
 Great Is Thy faithfulness,
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided

Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord unto me!


Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon, and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness

To Thy great faithfulness, mercy, and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide,
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow

Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!





1 comment:

  1. Tamara, You may not remember me but I remember you from camp. Not sure if it was Cedar Hill or Sandy Creek or maybe just conferences our families were involved in while we were growing up. I was a few years older than you. I'm 62 in May. I was known as Mary Grace Headley then..now Jepperson. We have some mutual friends so your FB postings show up on occasion in my newsfeed. Saw your blog because of Julie Achgill and wanted to follow.
    God has really put you through the refining fire, right? I've walked a few miles in those shoes myself. Someday we'll have to compare journeys and notes on what we've learned about Abba and His abundant sufficient grace.
    For now know that as the Comforter prompts I pray for whatever need He puts on my heart for you and yours. May you know the peace of His presence and the presence of His peace as you walk this path He is leading you on.


    ❤️ Mary
    “May God himself, the God who makes everything holy and whole, make you holy and whole, put you together—spirit, soul, and body—and keep you fit for the coming of our Master, Jesus Christ." ‭‭1 Thess 5:23 MSG

    ReplyDelete