January 4, 2012

The Dawning of a New Year


God can show us so much through His creation.  While watching the first sunrise of 2012 from our porch in the country, the sun’s rays stretched up from the horizon, reaching toward the heavens to illumine our world.   Those rays give us the hope of a bright new day.

Many are looking for rays of hope during the coming year.  2011 has been laid to rest with its blessings and its challenges.  2012 is still a blank slate, awaiting its text.  Some are hoping for new job opportunities.  Others are praying for renewed relationships.  Many struggle with finances.  Countless just need direction.  For me, as well as many others, the hope is related to our health.  And for all of us, there is a period of waiting.

These last few months brought great change to our lives with greater change coming.  We are still waiting for the best donor match for my transplant.  We wait to see how quickly my disease progresses.  We wait to see when the transplant process will begin.  We wait to see how my body will respond. 

Whether you are waiting for a job, for guidance, or for a transplant, the waiting itself can be difficult.  The weight of waiting can be heavy.  So I went to the source of all comfort, of all guidance.  May these verses help light your way.

My 2012 Verse:  I remain confident of this:  I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.  Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!”  
Psalm 27:13-14

“But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”  Isaiah 40:31

"I am waiting for the Lord, my soul is waiting for Him, and my hope is in His Word." Psalms 130:5 

"When I was waiting quietly for the Lord, His heart was turned to me, and He gave ear to my cry." Psalms 40:1

"Now may the God who gives comfort and strength in waiting make you of the same mind with one another in harmony with Christ Jesus…" Romans 15:5

“Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from Him cometh my salvation.”  Psalm 62:1

“My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him.”  Psalm 62:5

“But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation.  My God will hear me.”  Micah 7:7

“Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.”  Psalm 25:21

“The LORD is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh Him.”  Lamentations 3:25

“For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what He hath prepared for him that waiteth for Him.”  Isaiah 64:4

“Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield.  For our heart is glad in Him because we trust in His holy name.  Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you.”  Psalm 33:20-22

“May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy.”  Colossians 1:11

1 comment:

  1. How I WAS CURED FROM Chronic lymphocytic leukemia DISEASE  .
    I never wanted to post this testimony here because i don't want to violates the privacy of this page, but Is so important to pass this information to everyone who has been finding challenges of getting proper cure for Chronic lymphocytic leukemia, Breast cancer   DR OSO medicine is a perfect remedy to all kind of diseases, contact Dr OSO for treatment, my Chronic lymphocytic leukemia of 2 years within the space of few was cured through Dr OSO remedy. Reach him via email:

    drosohaberhome@gmail.com 
     
     call/whatsapp +2348162084839   

           Here is the DR OSO website.
    https://sites.google.com/view/drosohaberhome/

    His blog page https://drosohaberhome.blogspot.com 

    you can also email me for more info about DR oso  via troyabl100@gmail.com   ALL THANK TO DR OSO .  

    ReplyDelete