July 3, 2012

Day 62. Updates on Mom and Me.


Yesterday was mother's all day testing with Dr. Dizzy. Fortunately, the tests produced answers! She has a form of vertigo. This world famous doctor has an hour long procedure that can supposedly remedy the situation by rearranging the "crystals" in the inner ear and getting them to stay there. This is scheduled for Thursday, July 19. What an amazing thing! Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

I have had a good week. Up until Sunday morning, I hadn't had a headache in a week! Since then I have had two, but the pattern continues to be confirmed. If I don't get two naps per day, if I over do it, I get a headache. Period. For me at this time in the healing process, it all comes down to the necessary amount of rest.

Today starts my last week of ATC trips...Lord willing. Next Monday, I will start going to labs then to Dr. Shah's clinic. No more 3-hour IV's and free lunch. This, of course, puts a greater level of responsibility on me and my own personal care, which is all part of the process of getting to transition home. Mother, and sometimes Paul, are concerned that I will try to over do it when I get the opportunity to be on my own. What everyone needs to realize is that as much as you want me to get well, I want to get well every bit as much! I never want another round of nausea or another headache as long as I live. Pretty sure I'll have to endure a few more, but they won't be because of my making! Just sayin'.

While I wouldn't recommend this plan to everyone, I have learned a great deal of patience during this period. I have learned how many things can just be let go. I have learned to be the student again. I have learned that there are many things not worth saying. I have learned to be quiet. I have become a better listener. And I have rested. More so than I ever would have on my own.

Please pray as we enter what we hope is our last month away from home for continued strength and that the meds would continue on their current positive course. Pray for mom as she gives of herself to us and as she awaits her procedure. Pray for Paul as he continues to juggle two houses, his job, me, a porch project, and everything else.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tamara. I enjoy your blogs about your journey. It helps to know specifically how to pray for you. I'm glad the worst is behind you.
    I wanted to let you know that I've had to have my ear crystals adjusted and it's a very simple procedure. I'm happy to talk to your mom about it If she'd like.

    ReplyDelete