October 2, 2012

Day 152. Just When You Thought….


Just when I thought that I was getting a little better, BANG!  Saturday morning at 7AM on the dot, I woke with the worst migraine I’ve had in weeks.  We threw everything we had at it to no avail.  Nothing worked.  Saturday was horrible, and Sunday was a pretty good repeat except that we had layered so much pain meds on top of me that the multiplicity finally bullied the migraine into submission for periods of time.  Monday, I felt like I had been run over by a truck, but Paul had already spoken to Dr. Shah on Sunday who worked me into an appointment on midday Monday.  She was as confused as we were. 

She considered sending me back to the neurologist, but Monday wasn’t her clinic day.  She was actually glad because Dr. Shah didn’t want her to put me back to steroids when she just got me off of them.  So the consensus is back to the lack of fluids, so they went ahead and gave me a couple hours IV right then and put me on schedule for Tuesday and Fridays now and I have to be more and more determined about my drinking.  Paul is now numbering my bottles and putting them in the refrigerator (rather than refilling bottles or cups and not knowing for sure how much I’m getting).  Since they had already checked my thyroid, they’re going to do a hormone panel on my next set of labs because hormones can have an effect on migraines and hair loss as well.  It would be nice if we could pin an answer on something other than hydration.

She took my Tacrolimus down another two pills per day.  She is convinced that as we eliminate the Tacro, we will minimize the headaches while working toward the chymerism situation.  I’m all for that.  And so far, I have not seen any new GVHD symptoms.  That continues to be the prayer request. 

The weekend was a horrible blur except for the caregiver in shining armor who continues to care for me in love and patience. 

I also felt the Presence of the Gentle Healer.  There were times when I didn’t think I could take it and just stopped and laid very still and spoke to Him in my mind and asked Him to help me relax and be still until the medicine could take effect.  I know I could feel His Presence.

Romans 8:6  “…the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.”

1 Peter 5:7  “Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you.”

Zeph 3:17  “The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”


No comments:

Post a Comment