April 4, 2012

No News is Good News!


First of all, thank you for the many calls, emails, and posts checking up on the status of my donor.  I just got off the phone with my transplant coordinator and she said that she did not get a notification of him not showing up for his info session, so that basically means that no news is good news!

She also learned that he is not in Europe after all.  His donor # begins with a number typical of those from Europe.  However, he is from a different registry and is actually in the US, which makes all of this much simpler and easier to get the stem cells from him to me.  However, it messes with my and Paul’s plan to travel to Europe in the next year or two to take this guy to dinner!  I guess we’ll just have to swing by his state on the way.  :)

If all is going according to plan, he should be getting his physical today, and Susan (my coordinator) should be able to offer some projected dates of transplant within the next few days. 

Spring, and especially Easter, is the celebration of new life.  How amazingly appropriate for God to time this accordingly!  :)

We ask for and cherish your continued prayers for our proposed US M-47 donor.  We pray that he would be blessed for the offering of life-generating stem cells.  Please continue to pray with us as we wait and prepare for the next leg of the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment