August 16, 2012

Day 106. Learning to Live in the Quiet



My first days at home alone scream the reality of my new normal.  Quiet.  Restful.  This is what is necessary and prescribed as I continue the healing process.  It’s just so different from my old normal.

My Bible devotional on Day 100 was especially appropriate.  I’d like to share it.

Relax in My Healing.  Allow Me to transform you through this time alone with Me.  As your thoughts center more and more on Me, trust displaces fear and worry.  As your trust in Me goes up, fear and worry automatically go down.  Time spent with Me not only increase your trust; it also helps you discern what is important and what is not.

Energy and time are precious, limited entities.  Therefore, you need to use them wisely, focusing on what is truly important.  As you walk close to Me, saturating your mind with Scripture, I will show you how to spend your time and energy.

“My Word is a lamp to your feet; My presence is a light for your path.”

I haven’t yet found a daily routine that I feel good with.  I need to feel a little more productive.  But that’s just me putting that on me.  I’m committed to avoiding too much television.  I spend time in the Word.  I keep up with the laundry and the shopping.  I cook the meals and clean the kitchen.  I have a couple projects that I want to start, but I just haven’t gotten that far.  I have several piles that I need to sort.  I’m not sure what’s keeping me.  I think a lot.  I move less.

Yesterday, I had the first opportunity to have my labs drawn at the much closer MDA Woodlands location and then have a phone consultation with my doctor.  While we are still waiting for the molecular test results to come back, we did find out that I am no longer 17p deleted!  My donor’s DNA has perfect chromosomes and the test came back at 17p negative.  Perfect!  Thank you, M-47!!!

Next week, I will go back downtown to the MDA clinic to see Dr. Shah in person and drive myself for the first time.  We’ve come a long way, baby!  As she continues to remind me, we still have a long road ahead of us, but we have made good mileage so far.  :)  

2 comments:

  1. Tamara-Glad you are home. Rest your mind and your heart. Paul can send his jeans to the cleaners... JoAnn Hankins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Especially on the 17p issue!

    Every friend of mine would strongly advise you not to jump back into every day life too quickly. Rest, rest, rest.

    Personally, I'd make sure everyone who might depend on you knows that you might disappear for a day or two just to lay down, and then I'd do just about whatever I wanted to do. I'm having a blast, and I started a new business, a completely overwhelming venture, but I have lots of people involved helping. I keep a sleeping bag at the new business so that I can nap or just lay down while I'm there.

    That's my advice. It's great to get caught up on your blog, too.

    ReplyDelete