August 1, 2012

Day 92. The Simple Joy of a Shower.

Not since since sometime in April have I enjoyed a shower like I did last night's.  That's because every shower has required being wrapped in Press 'n Seal and waterproof tape to protect my CVC (Central Veinous Catheter).  Monday, Dr. Shah surprised me by ordering the removal of my CVC!  :) Hurray!  So after a 24-hour bandage, we were able to peel that off and enjoy a nice, long shower. Simple joys.

It's been the simple things that I've missed the most.  Not being able to eat raw foods. Not being able to bend down and pull a weed.  Not being able to hug my babies when I wanted. Not being able to sweep the floor.  Not being able to go to church. Needing a nap at every turn.  Having to wash my hands ALL the time. Little things that we take for granted in every day life...eating, energy, medical safety, affection, etc.  I have had to learn to monitor all of these and more. It's not a big deal. It's just a lot of little deals that add up.  However, as I transition home, some of these liberties will be expanded.  Still no gardening!

So last night's shower was a big little deal.

1 comment: