August 7, 2012

Day 97. Joy of Joys.


My oldest grandchild, Dana, a girl, carries this as a middle name. The other two are boys, and they simply are as well.

This past weekend was a milestone for me.  I attended my first major "event". We went to my great nephew's birthday party complete with kids' water slide, swimming pool, trampoline, and play set.  A virtual play heaven!  The kids had a blast. I was able to enjoy watching all three of my grandchildren and all my great nephews and nieces play together while the adults mingled and visited. My kind of party.

I wore my sunscreen, capris instead of shorts, donned a hat, and stayed in the shade as much as possible. I am now, and forever, especially susceptible to the sun and skin cancer. Boo!  I love the sun. But you do what you're supposed to do so you can be where you'd like to be.

After the party, Bethany and Kevin had a wedding to attend so we had the opportunity to keep Dana and Ethan. They were busy but wonderful. Tons of hugs and squeals and giggles.  With them recently moved to north of Dallas, I knew this could probably be our last visit until Christmas!  :( They all spent the night, had a leisurely Sunday morning, and headed north sometime before noon.  Wonderful.

We were concerned as to whether or not I could handle that much activity in one weekend with getting sick, but I made it!  We even went and visited Steph and Derek Sunday afternoon after a much needed nap. By Monday, I was one tired girl and stayed put all day. But I didn't get sick. I'd call that a milestone.

We are now counting down the days until this weekend, Day 100, when we go home. We're ready. We are almost giddy!  Paul is putting the final touches on mother's porch and finishing the last few projects she had for him. I'm wondering who she's going to miss more?!  :)

I go back to the doctor on Wednesday to get the results of my bone marrow biopsy. Looking forward to good news.

So it sounds like there's nothing to do but "make a joyful noise unto the Lord!"

No comments:

Post a Comment