May 9, 2012

Day 7. God is SO Good!


While I did not plan to post anything else today, this news could not wait! During my doctor team rounds this morning, she told me that I was doing so well that (if nothing goes wrong between now and then) I will probably be able to GO HOME this Friday...Day 9!!! This is unheard of! I have called Paul, my kids, and my brother and we are all in shock. This is simply another example of praying and then being surprised when He does immeasurably more than we can ask or think.

This does not mean our house. I still need to be close to MDACC. We will go to my mom's. For the first week or two, I will come back to the ATC (Ambulatory Treatment Center) daily, and then it will drop to four, three, then two times per week. This is all happening so fast!

The topic of today's Bible study was God's goodness. How appropriate was that?!

"For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations."
Psalm 100:5

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Crazy, isn't it. Of couse, as luck would have it, I spent the rest of the day with nausea and throwing uo, accompanied by drugs that put me to sleep. Maybe this will be gone by tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I don't think I've ever heard such a quick engrafting of stem cells! And then maybe being "kicked out" and sent to Mom's? Yes, indeed, God is good and does hear the cry of His children.

    Keep it up, Tamara!

    Cyndi
    Lakeside, MT
    http://advocateofhope.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. As positive and optimistic and prayerful as we have been, we never expected this! Struggled with nausea issues today, but hopefully that won't slow things down, God can indeed work to His glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise our precious God who does do all things well, and always beyond our greatest expectations.
      Love and prayers,
      Becky Sue & Matthew

      Delete